I’m just gonna say it, since everyone else has been saying it too – it’s August? How?
Anyway, I busted out my Powersheets again to try to get focused – my mind is such a jumbled up mess these days. Honestly, most of my goals are ‘fluff’ goals. I don’t have a job, I don’t run a business. So most of my day-to-day goals are simply ‘drink water’, ‘go for a walk’ and even ‘do dishes’, just so I have something to write down and cross off. I’m using the Powersheets, two planners from Day Designer for Blue Sky and one planner from Dabney Lee for Blue Sky (I went a little planner-crazy this year…hence the need for a budget.)
- Read Hope Heals and review
- Read first five chapters of Uninvited
- Finish reading Play With Fire and review
- Get to the lake at least one more time
- Start planning Sept cancer posts
- Start planning 31 For 21
- Start organizing homeschool/school supplies
- Work on IBDS and BHC (more to come later on what those are)
- Determine budget and meal plan for September (ugh)
- Walk trail
- Drink water
- AM/PM routines
(Just an FYI-none of these links are affiliate links. I don’t roll that way.)
Yesterday was National Junk Food Day! M&Ms & donuts for breakfast (with milk and yogurt). Venti Starbucks for me. Ice cream after lunch. Fruit snacks and marshmallows after dinner. We had lots of fruits and veggies and water, but yeah, we had junk food. We didn’t have much of it lying around in the cupboards, so we had to go pick it up, but once it was gone, it was gone.
We watched Dixie again yesterday, and ran around the park before it got too hot and humid. She hates her leash, but she needed it in public.
These little purple flowers remind me of my grandma’s house in the summer. She had so many of these growing all around her house. I’ll have to call her and see if they are still growing!
Last night, my sister called and said she was taking her friend’s kids to the lake. Well, we drove and drove, but couldn’t find the public access. So we ended up coming back to town and going to the lake near our home. It was a much better idea.
Hannah eventually got used to the water, and loved to splash and play in the sand.
This morning, we got coffee and donuts and went back to the lake.
And we took a park break.
We plan on hanging out for the rest of the day, catching Pokemon and going back to the lake after dinner.
We went to our favorite trail Saturday morning for pictures, dressed in our red, white and blue outfits.
Then Papa and Rob took all the grandkids fishing. Hannah had never really liked it, until she was able to actually catch a fish. Then she was all over it. We had to go out and buy her an Elsa pole after this.
Lauren dropped her pole in the water. Thankfully, the line was out, so we were able to hook it with another pole. And the water wasn’t very deep.
After all of that excitement, we went to my sister’s house for a bonfire and s’mores.
This little pup, Penny, had a hard day. She was diagnosed with two tick diseases – Lyme and anaplasmosis. And an ear infection on top of all that. She is doing much, much better today.
While Penny was resting, the kids decided to play ‘fetch’ with each other and Penny’s new toys.
SUNDAY I didn’t take any photos….
Again with the park, lake, trail and donuts. We just can’t quit. We are undecided about going to the local parade later this afternoon, but we are definitely watching fireworks tonight! Happy 4th!
Wow. It’s been awhile since I last posted. We spent June at our favorite parks, getting donuts and coffee (and chocolate milk) on Saturday mornings, and going to soccer and baseball games. Our favorite thing to do is walk a local trail in the morning sunlight.
We have a few goals for July:
- pick berries again (I think it’s almost time for raspberries)
- spend every weekend morning at the park
- go for a walk every day
- READ MORE! We’ve been acquiring books (board books for Hannah, easy readers for Lauren and chapter books for Avery) at garage sales
- much less screen time. It’s an addiction, it really is, for all of us sadly. I have a bunch of craft supplies, and we got Hannah a little desk this morning (we are ‘homeschooling’ her in the fall).
- eat more veggies and fruits while they are fresh (recalls on frozen veggies – ew!)
- blog more. I love having these posts to look back on
- which brings me to my next goal: get scrapping again. I just bought Liz Tamanaha latest digital kit and some templates. I have hundreds of photos from May and June to organize and scrap. I miss it!
- make a summer bucket list for July and August. The kids start summer school at the end of July, so we only have a few more weeks to get things done.
Have a safe and happy July 4th!
Hannah and I went to Auntie’s this morning, but forgot that she had to work. So we took some photos with all of the flowery trees.
The petals look like snow. (Which actually happened this afternoon.)
After that, we went to Wal-mart to kill time. And saw this.
My tulips are turning black. 🙁
Hannah made an H all by herself!!
Another flowery tree.
Well. This is a not-so-funny story. Just after dinner tonight, I noticed something behind Lauren’s ear that looked like a huge mole. When I looked closer, I noticed the ‘mole’ had legs and was moving! It was a huge tick! We went to urgent care and had it removed. We are supposed to watch it for infection, but it should be fine. Lauren named it “Fart’. Of course.
Linking to Ali Edwards Week In The Life.
All photos taken with iPhone 6 and edited with A Color Story app (SHH filter).
Well. Five photos. That’s it. Avery pulled her fourth tooth out.
I made chocolate chip cookie bars and Mounds bars. YUM.
Watching for the bus. Sort of.
The pest control guy sprayed today. And got my tulips I think.
But I trimmed the stems and they magically came back!
Linking to Ali Edwards Week In The Life.